Tuesday 21 February 2012

Money entwined with emotions

Just a few days until payday and I have rewarded myself a little for being so good this month. I've just bought 'water for elephants' from Amazon, £2.80, a pair of flat leather ballet pumps (which I wore to death last summer) from Topshop for £16 and some hair dye to (hopefully!) even out my colour from Boots £6.50 (on reflection it seems to have worked)

On another note, recently we've  been experiencing a bit of relationship wobble when it comes to our priories. I no longer wish to live like a student with god knows who coming and going at all times of the night. I want to save as much as possible within reason to try to get a morgage next year when we'll be about 27. I want to save for an amazing holiday thereafter, I want to achieve a good career that pays a decent wagethat will enable us to have a comfortable life. I want to spend quality time with people who are really my friends, who value me and who understand me, not spend my entire weekends drinking jager bombs with people who I think are my friends.

Sadly, the other half's priorites seem to be similar to that of a floundering teenager, who still thinks that someone buying you a beer makes you 'friends'. He thinks I'm getting too old before my time, and I sadly think he's being a bit naive and immature.

In the past I have been the one who has bailed us out financially, and I put it to him that if I hadn't been careful then how could we have got through these things?

The conversation will have to be had tonight to amend this. I want to be with someone with the same life goals and aspirations as me, who can support me, and be equal to me in terms of our finances, not hinder me.......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)