Sunday 5 February 2012

It's snowtime!

Hopefully this princess will get to go to the ball someday
This weekend has been fairly productive on the saving front. Friday night drinks was paid for by the company, so I decided I was hungry at charing cross and bought a burger king happy meal which was actually quite revolting, so I left 3/4 of the burger, so it turned out to be a bit of a waste of money but hay-ho we learn from our mistakes.

I got the train back from London to my parents house after the drinks and on Saturday afternoon met one if my best friends from work in the town centre. My mum had bought me something from H&M which didn't fit so had to exchange it. I found a lovley cobalt blue lacy dress which was £10 more than the original amount, but using my friends staff discount it cane to £7.50 more, seeing as I had put aside £10 for the previous nights drinks which I didn't spend I thought I would splash out a little. Afterwards we drove over to blackheath for a change if scenery and popped into the pub on the Heath. I'd decided to have lunch before I left to save the pennies, so just had a coffee and a cosy catch up which was nice.

My friend was telling me how she uses eBay all the time and bought up the huge pink vintage gown I bought years ago in New York and how she thought I could sell it on eBay.

So this morning, after popping out to take pics of the beautiful snowfall I enlisted my sister's boyfriends help to put my dress up on eBay. When I left home there were three people watching it already, and I also found a pair of red converse trainers which were hardly worn that I found at a train station about four years ago and an almost full bottle of perfume I didn't like anymore and these have also been put up on eBay.

The auctions finish in 10 days so hopefully will be a nice little money earner to put towards the fund. I'm also hoping to sell my wii this week to someone & stash the cash in my saving account.

I'm thinking that once I hit my summertime target of £10k I'll treat myself to some nice Russel and Bromley boots :).

In other news I got the train home from the work drinks with a girl who had just bought a house worth £144k with a £14k deposit who earns around the same as me and the BF so that's extremely encouraging, and very exciting for me.

I heard my housemates put the central heating up to 25 and put it on overnight on Saturday which I said was stupid, and the BF said he woke up in the middle of the night feeling hot and sick because if it. I mean it's not a wonder they're both in debt, but I don't appreciate being dragged down with them when I have to cough up my share of the bill they've racked up.

Anyways, I guess I can't show it's irritated me too much as it's getting closer to renewing the contract and hopefully all we need is another year there.... Fingers crossed! Time to grin & bear it for the time being- good things are worth waiting for after all right?! :)

Enjoy your frugal Sunday x

2 comments:

  1. HI Jo, it sounds as if you have got your head screwed on the right way. Your friends must be mad to be so wasteful with the heating.You dont need it on if you are under your duvet asleep.I cant sleep if its too warm anyway.
    The dress is gorgeous.Hope you get lots of money for it.And the other items too, Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support :) I've since got home and slowly turning the heating down lol... there's eight people watching the dress now and one watching the converse- let the bidding commence hehe! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)