Monday 9 July 2012

Decisions, decisions....

Just a quick post as I'm currently at work- last week I had a very informal, very unexpected interview with someone from a rival recruitment advertising agency thanks to a friend putting my name forward and the power of LinkedIn.

We met for coffee, had a chat and I have just received an email with the job offer. The salary is 2k more than my current salary, and my current manager and friend has been treated kind of badly by the company after almost five years and is leaving too. I'm kind of in limbo as to what to do, the extra money is enough to cover my monthly train fare, which means things won't be as tight and I can carry on saving as I am now a little more comfortabley. It also means we will be able to borrow more money next year (fingers crossed)....only I've been burned before. What if I leave and it's worse? But then I will never leave and never know. Decisions, decisions indeed. Only time will tell, I have a meeting with my manager tomorrow and then will have to hand my notice in and see what happens because if I go too that leaves just one person in my department. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)