Wednesday 29 February 2012

February round up

I've been documenting my finances all month using my iPhone app which allows me to see at a glance where my money has been going.

So here goes;

Basic income: £1,444
eBay money for dress: £60
Pub shift & tax rebate: £116
Mystery shop: £10
Sold Nintendo Wii: £100
Pub holiday pay: £37
 =£1,767.00


Clothing: £7.50 extra on exhanged Xmas present (blue dress H&M) which has been worn lots, including work, lunches & dinner. 


£16.00 black ballet flats from Topshop, also worn lots and allow me to wear some of my springier clothes from last year rather than buying new ones. I walked into work yesterday to 'You look nice, are your trousers/top new?' Nope :) Think its called 'going shopping in your wardrobe'.


Hobby:


£2.80 'water for elephants' paperback, Amazon
£1.70 'E' paperback, Amazon


Both for the bookshelf as I like adding to my collection in between borrowing from the libary (my local libary also didn't have these books)


Gifts/donations 


£10.00 Friend's birthday present
£5.00 Charity donantion to a friends little sister
£1.20 work donation for colleague who had a bike accident


Groceries (bought for personal eating!)


£6.00 Dim sum from M&S 
£1.14 hot chocolate and biscuits at work


Household 


£220.00 rent
£200.00 into the joint account (covers food & bills & some trips out)


Personal:


£20.00 Contact lenses 
£12.21 Cosmetics etc.


Restaurant:


£1.50 drinks
£15.00 Ping Pong Dim Sum
£4.00 Las Iguanas 
£10.00 Borough Market
£3.50 Burger King
£4.00 x2 hot drinks out 
£13.70 Pizza Express
£3.80 lunch at work cafe (jacket potato with beans, sans beans :() 


Travel:


£156.00 Monthly travel card
£20.00 Petrol (car coming off the road at the end of the month)


Utilities:


£42.00 Gym membership (now cancelled) will be making use of my push bike and the lighter evenings
£35.00 Phone bill


£796.00 spent, which is about normal for me. (=20 cash I forgot I withdrew for a cinema trip, and lunch out) 

Savings: £967 approx. 


£500 leant to BF for credit credit card payment
£60 extra money to round down the account
*the rest is sat in my current account waiting for the new ISA to be opened

This month we shouldn't be paying council tax, and a few days ago I made BF check and update the Gas and Electricity meter readings and it seems we are around £200 in credit with the gas, I have no idea how. Lets hope it comes back our way.....I also spontaneously bought a dress online I saw on a blog, and it sold out and the payment didn't go through- on reflection I'm kind of pleased it happened.

Here's to another fun and frugal month. x








2 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for being my 3rd follower! Just reading some of your posts - with the gas/elec bills, do you read yours and then let the company know so you only pay for the exact amount you used? Or do they estimate and then refund you (which they probably will if you ring them and tell them you want that 200 squids!)? Even though it's a bit more hassle I always preferred knowing that I'd just paid for what I'd used rather than lining the silly gas/elec company's pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Caroline! no problem, thanks for the follow and comment too. We just read them then entered the meter readings on the British Gas website under our accounts, and there's a bit on how to get money back on the site if it's over £100. We havnt't looked into it just yet- its definatley on the to do list! I couldn't agree more, and its down to the Superscrimpers program on channel 4 that I knew we could get our money back. Definatley worth the hassle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)