Wednesday 7 December 2011

A small surprise windfall...

This lunchtime I braved the chilly London winds and the Oxford Street rabble to go to the bank to try to sort my debit card out once and for all. After discussing my ongoing problems with the cashier she shows me that I was meant to receive a new debit card in the post as well as a pin number. Well, the pin number turned up a few weeks ago but no card.

She shows me that my new card was sent to my old address, yet they managed to send the pin to the right address....I know go figure, where is the sense in that? She hands me a leaflet with a phone number to call 'stage two' complaints, great I thought.

Returning to my desk I rang the number and after explaining all my hassles over the last six weeks and threatening to move to another bank (calmly and politely of course)I'm put on hold to wait for my second apologetic gesture.

 After some time listening to 'Greensleeves' he says that he will credit my account with £100.00! Whoooo!! Tonight it has gone straight into the savings account, along with an extra £14.00 to make the amount nice and even, rounding the total up to £6,200- the ticker is moving along slowly I'm pleased to say and I'm planning on stashing away a little extra when I next get paid too. This week's spend £0 (Not much choice with no bank-card!) TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanking you very muchly for your comment :)